Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Jacob Aagaard's New Chess Training Blog Post Series

GM Jacob Aagaard is starting a weekly series of blog posts on the quality chess books company blog.

http://www.qualitychess.co.uk/blog/?p=1568

Anything Jacob has to say should be good reading and I look forward to reading these. The 1st post is actually one I think a lot of amateurs could benefit from. I know I have had issues with maintaining a consistent training schedule. There are a lot of things that impact that such as work and family, but in most cases what it ends up coming down finally is getting burned out. When I have the bug for studying chess I go charging ahead 110% and keep going until I get burned out. I am going to try taking Jacob's advice and start out slow and build up over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment