Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Back from my vacation

I have been pretty busy most of the past year and haven't spent any time on chess, but now I am getting back into the swing of things. It is kind of like the Godfather movie where Pacino says "Everytime I think I'm out they pull me back in." So it is with chess and myself. I have the bug, and so no matter what I eventually find my way back to the game. The main focus at this point I think will be consistency and quality of training rather than quantity, and hopefully I will avoid burn out and then be less likely to let life carry me away from the game. So I should be posting here regularly again.


On that note, today I purchased my 1st 2 kindle based chess ebooks. Russell Enterprises's algebraic edition of Reti's Masters of the Chessboard was priced at $7.49 I believe, and Pritchett's Chess Secrets: Giants of Innovation. I'm surprised at how well the Reti book looks on the kindle. I will take a closer look at Pritchett's book this afternoon. My earlier worries that the format wouldn't work for chess books seems to be unfounded. My bookshelves are probably cheering, but I imagine my bank account will not be.

2 comments: