Sunday, October 24, 2010

Back to studying

It has been a few months. The last time I think I was working on chess was around the time of my nephew's graduation in May. Most of that time was helping Joel with his book, Formation Attacks. My daughter just turned 1 on the 8th of October. It has been rough finding time to consistently work on chess, but I always find myself coming back to it.

I did some tactics work last night on chesstempo. Tonight I plan on playing through a couple of Tarrasch games. Tomorrow I have a vacation day, so maybe I will spend some time on chess there as well.

Back in May I had kind of come to the conclusion that I probably wouldn't be able to achieve everything I want to with regards to chess ability and maintain a family and my job and have them happy with me. So part of the interim time has been spent trying to make myself okay with that so that I can just enjoy chess and whatever I achieve be happy with that.

By the way Joel published his book through Lulu. You can find it here. It seems to be outpacing Nikolai Minev's works on Lulu by quite a bit. I helped with proofreading the book, mostly the 1st 1/4 of the book. My greatest contribution I think was to find the finish detailed in this earlier post.

No comments:

Post a Comment