Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Training Update

I have made it up through game 32 in Tarrasch's 300 Games. I have been playing through them fairly quickly over the board. There was a funny game he played against Willhelm Cohn I believe that went something like (recalling from memory): 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.e4 d:e4 5.c3 d:c3 6.B:f7+ K:f7 7.Qd5+ Ke8 8.Qh5+ g6 9.Q:c5 Qe7 10.Q:c3 Q:e4+ Kd1 1-0. I played through the 1st 2 rounds of Cambridge Springs 1904 on the computer and part of round 3. I have finished chapter 5 about weakened King position in Chess Strategy for the Club Player. I have continued to do my daily tactics problem solving as well and managed to keep myself from spending too much time on it.

The biggest thing I have done for my training has been changes regarding life outside chess. I have changed my sleeping schedule to make sure I am getting a full night's sleep, and have been eating better. I am also starting to work out again with a plan of dropping around 50 pounds in the next year. This should help a lot with being sharper mentally, and having more energy which should be a good thing for chess. As a result of this I will also be forced to be more efficient in how I spend my chess study time. I have plenty of time to spend on chess each week, I just need to utilize it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment