Friday, August 21, 2009

New Arrivals

I got a couple new chess books in the mail today. The first I have ordered in a while. It looks like the next book in Kasparov's series just came out so I will be purchasing that in the near future. I see that New In Chess has also released a new edition of Bronstein's Sorcerer's Apprentice. Considering what a wonderful work that is and the nice quality of books published by NiC, that might be a neccesary purchase even though I have an older copy.

The books I got today are Herman Grooten's Chess Strategy for Club Players from New in Chess, and Colin Crouch's Chess Secrets: Great Attackers from Everyman Chess. I didn't realize Crouch had suffered through a severe illness sometime after publishing his book How to Defend in Chess, which left him partially blind. I am looking forward to working through both of these books, but to be honest I have shelves full of chess books I am looking forward to working through. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment